A Golf Adventure at Torrey Pines
Relaxing in La Jolla doesn’t always mean a day at the beach. Golfing along coastal cliffs overlooking the Pacific can be an even better thrill than watching the surf, especially when La Jolla is home to one of the nation’s top courses: Torrey Pines. Hosting the Farmers Insurance Open every year, Torrey Pines has earned a reputation for challenging fairways and world-renowned facilities. It’s the place where an injured Tiger Woods miraculously beat out Rocco Mediate in sudden death. Advanced golf schools are in place to help any golfer improve his game and put them at a level to compete with the PGAs.
La Jolla, CA & Real Estate
Feeling the breeze of the Pacific on your back while teeing off in the California sun is a remarkable experience, and it’s only the beginning. Everywhere you turn in La Jolla there is a beautiful setting of oceanfront and palmetto landscaping. It’s easy to sense the beach lifestyle that has characterized La Jolla for decades when you golf at Torrey Pines. That’s why so many golf enthusiasts decide to call the area home. Charming homes with stunning views of the ocean are like icing on the cake. You can relax comfortably in a luxurious home while on the weekends you can spend a day at a championship golf course. What city can offer that for you?
To learn more about La Jolla real estate, read our local guide: La Jolla Real Estate Guide.
Directions to Torrey Pines
From La Jolla, traveling north on Interstate 5:
- Exit at Genesee Avenue and turn left
- Stay on Genesee Avenue as it climbs up and curves to the right
- 2 minutes into the drive, Genesee Ave. will bend sharply to the right and become North Torrey Pines Road
- Stay in the middle lane and look for the large, green sign saying “Golf Course 2nd Right”
- Take the exit and follow it until it merges with Callan Road
- Continue on Callan Road all the way to the Torrey Pines Lodge driveway
- Turn right at the stop sign to enter the parking lot